Happy Friday Doll!
I'm so lucky that I get to meet dozens of gorgeous women every single week and get to spend 60 beautiful minutes talking all things LIFE! What I do see is that every single one of us has our own insecurities when it comes to skin. One of the biggest skin concerns effecting women from all over the UK is acne.
Something I read recently really hit home... According to the British Journal of Dermatology, you are 63% more likely to suffer from depression if you have acne as opposed to some one with clear skin. Here are some keys steps to how I changed my skin, these are the basics that will get you seeing fast results and pretty much the same advice that I give to all of my clients during a treatment and the crucial steps that cleared my own acne.
1. Enter the double cleanse - How did I only cleanse once at night? With full coverage foundation? I feel sick now thinking about it! And I had the cheek to complain about breakouts!!! I like to use an oil cleanser or a balm first to remove make up and then a foaming cleanser to remove any residue. I can't stress enough that face wipes are the devil and DO NOT count as cleansing!! I'm loving the Erno Laszlo Sensitive Cleansing oil and Erno Laszlo Sensitive Cleansing Bar.
2. Serums are for everybody - I was so scared of layering, I thought by applying multiple products on top of each other, I was just going to clog my pores up even more, make my skin even more oily...all resulting in more breakouts, no thanks! How wrong I was, there are serums for every single concern whether it's acne, wrinkles, scarring, discolouration. They are more concentrated than creams or lotions and can be more easily absorbed by the skin. These magic potions actually treat the skin and prep it ready for some serious hydration.
3. Oil slick - Organic oils are a great way to get that glow and believe it or not, are great skin balancers and sebum controllers. Even oily skins should use a facial oil daily, try a non-comedogenic oil like Broccoli Seed oil or Flaxseed oil. You will not look back. Applying an oil daily also encourages facial massage which is amazing at getting the blood flowing to the skin which increases oxygen levels to the skin cells and detoxifies giving you an instant GLOW. There are so many tutorials to try on Youtube for facial massage. My absolute GO TO is the Elemis Super Food Facial Oil.
4. Sleeping Beauty - If you're anything like me, you probably enjoy a good snooze. You will spend 15-20 minutes double cleansing and carefully layering the above lotions and potions all over that gorgeous face of yours, to then dive under the covers to get cosy...and....wait for it....lose half of your toner, serum, organic oil AND night cream right into your pillowcase. Yep, your cotton pillowcase is literally sucking your £50 serum right from your cheeks. This is where the silk pillowcase saves your life. Not only is it less absorbent than cotton, it has also been found to prevent split ends, reduce sleep wrinkles (yes they're a thing) and make your Russian lashes last that little bit longer. Bonus! This Beauty Sleeps 100% Mulberry Silk pillowcase is by far the best quality and value for money option out there.
5. Regular Facials - As many of my clients already know, I am obsessed with K beauty (Korean skincare) Their whole culture and attitude towards skin just fascinates me. Men, women, children, grandparents, literally everyone in Korea has a weekly facial. It's like us doing the weekly food shop here in the UK. Its just normal there. And that my friend, is why they have the best skin in the world. There are certain products that are for professional use only and they are usually the products that are the most effective, not to mention the amount of ingredients that do not like each other, it's easy to mix things that just shouldn't meet so some things are best left to the professionals! There is more information about my treatments here.
Have the best weekend gorgeous!